Sunday, February 15, 2009

listening skills 101

It's taken me a while to figure out what my pet peeve is but, I've finally realized what it is- cell phones. To me, there is nothing ruder than picking up your phone when someone else is in the middle of a conversation.
Example: The other day I was talking in the car to someone. We were in the midst of our conversation when all of a sudden, I realized I was talking to myself because she had picked up her phone! I didn't realize what had happened until I heard her, "hello".
Rude.

2 comments:

camille said...

eek!

i certainly hope that was not me. i try to avoid such rude behavior. let's start a manners-revolution!

Dahnya said...

No worries, C! It wasn't you- *sheepish grin*- I didn't keep my opinion very quiet...

Which leads to the question, was that rude?