Thursday, December 17, 2009

Around the Garcia's Part II




Every year, without fail, the must-see-movie of the season is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Claudia & I first watched this movie on TV around twenty years ago. It was instant love. Between the Abominable Snowman, Yukon Cornelius & the Santa who doesn't want to eat: we could not get enough! Which means, that along with a viewing (or three) each year we bring out our stuffed Rudolph (whose nose really does light up!) and place him in the coveted spot under the tree*.


*I'm not sure why this is the coveted spot. In my opinion, he should move somewhere else to make room for more presents. But, that doesn't sound like a jolly opinion so I keep it to myself- writing it in my blog does not count, so shh. 

2 comments:

camille said...

aww! what a cutie!

i never got into this move (i think that the stop-animation makes me uncomfortable), but it is certainly a holiday staple.

our tradition has always been 'a christmas story'. in recent years, we've added 'elf'.

allison. said...

lucky reindeer to have such a prime spot!

my go to christmas movie as a child, for no explainable reason, was 'how the grinch stole christmas'.

the thing is, this movie was an annual hit, not solely christmas. my patient parents for letting me watch that grumpry green guy all year long!