Friday, September 10, 2010

Do the twitch!

Change can be a good thing. The school district received a new superintendent last October, complete reformer with many visions, ideals and goals in store for us. 

These visions, ideals and goals are going to be the death of me. 

I love the kids. 
Pre-administration days: happy & carefree
But it is very different when you are working 12 hour workdays for 637 of them versus 40 of them- the connection isn't as pronounced. I'm not sure I can keep this pace up. Between benchmarks, documentation, readings, meetings, presentations, trainings, open house, lunch duty, morning duty, collecting data, analyzing data...I have developed a very pronounced twitch in my right eye. 


This is me: blonde, twitchy & utterly deranged. 

You think I'm joking but, I'm not. 

Every other hour the bottom of my right eye starts a jig that lasts about 15 seconds. It's only when it's witnessed by other people that I start to nervously laugh it off. So, if next time I see you and my eye does the twitch for you- pretend you didn't see it, please! Or if you do, pull the joke off like a band-aid. A laugh will surely do me good. 

And that, is the end of my rant. Back to optimism (and twitching) tomorrow!


3 comments:

Becca said...

Deep, deep, deep breaths. In through the nose, out through the mouth.

I will be sending calming, relaxing, carefree thoughts your way.

Heidi said...

This is hilarious Dahnya! And no, I never noticed any twitching! I'm sorry you're not enjoying your work right now, but just think of what a great difference you're making in the lives of all these kids... one carpool lane at a time.

Maybe you should get a bonzai tree for your desk or a desktop zen garden... you know those ones? it comes with sand and a little rake that you use to rake the sand when you get overwhelmed.

http://www.temptationgardens.com/product.asp?dept_id=65020&pfid=39887

Leila! said...

Dahnya -- this is amusing. I've had this problem before. I had to decrease my stress, caffeine, and sleep more for my twitch to go away. Good luck! Hang in there.