Thinking back to the movies that went in and out of the DVD player this year, I realized two things: one, I went to the movies maybe five times this year. Two, I watched a lot of children's movies this year...
With that said, here is the list of movies that I fully enjoyed throughout 2010. Some were lighthearted and sweet. Some left me thinking and others just had me rolling with laughter but, all were in their own way completely memorable.
1. How to train your dragon- kids flick but beyond adult friendly
2. Book of Eli- definitely depressing but great acting, beautiful scenery and extremely thought provoking
3. Diary of a wimpy kid- again, kid flick but it was hilarious! The chunky kid was my favorite.
4. The kids are alright- a comedy meets drama with more chuckles than tears, Julianne Moore was awesome. The scenes had me wishing I could live in Cali.
5. Ondine- Irish movie with Colin Farrell that Fran and I watched en route to our honeymoon. Probably more sentimentally significant to me than anything else. But it was very sweet- in a twisted sort of way...
6. Tangled- if this had come out during the Disney era that was Ariel & Belle, I would have recreated Rapunzel scenes alongside with them. I loved it!
8. Let the right one in- creepy, quiet, artsy...I am not doing a good job selling it but this film was beautiful to watch. There were so many little details that the director put in that enhanced the eery story.
9. Herb & Dorothy- a documentary on the Postal worker & librarian couple who have amassed a multi-million dollar art collection. They are so sweet! After watching it, Fran and I wanted to be them.
10. Zombieland- after watching it, this movie became instantly quoted amongst Fran and my siblings. It's been watched multiple times now and has no sign of abating because it is hilarious. "Rule #1: cardio".
Bonus: Despicable Me. I watched it three times in a span of 24 hours. It was that good. Funny, sweet and extremely memorable. Not to mention, Steve Carrell AND the amazing Jason Segel are the voices of the villains. How could it not be funny?! My favorite quote, "it's so fluffy I'm gonna die!", watch it and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.
If you have any movies you enjoyed, please send them my way! My queu could always use a boost.