Monday, April 27, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Gal

Today was my first day of boot camp. As I type, my arms, legs, thighs, stomach, muscles I didn't even know I had, are trembling with fatigue & exertion. It was an hour long class filled with push-ups (I got to a wobbly 20). Sit ups (38, with the last two being more of a pity count). Lunges. Spidermans. And God knows what else. Before I sat down, I took a long, hot shower. Downed 3 ibuprofen & am attempting to drink a glass of water but my arms are shaking so bad, it's a bit of a challenge. All in all, I'm stoked! 
Pros:
-beach bod
-I need to buy new CrossTrainers (shopping, yeah!)
-I'm meeting new people, I wouldn't otherwise get a chance to talk to
-wedding dress, here I come (the last week in July is my hope)
Cons:
-I may have the body of a 60 year old
One really neat twist, they jotted down our "fitness test" results today (ie: the sit-ups, push-ups, one mile jog) so that the last day of class we can see how we have improved. It's a whole new slew of numbers that I'd never even considered. I love it! The person who bests their record wins the Boot Camp Award. I hope it's a trophy...

No comments: