Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello Mildred!

Where does the time go? As cliche as it sounds, it seems like only yesterday that I was meeting Giles our landlord as we walked through our future home. As of June 1st, Fran & I (with the help of Matt, Claudia, Oscar & Terry) have been busy gentrifying Mildred. 


Yes. Our future home is a 98 year old woman with lots of pains and grooves but underneath her cranky exterior she has a heart (and floors) of gold. 


Today we finished the kitchen and the dining room. The study (aka Matt's room), the bedroom & the living room are complete. However, it turns out I am pledging my life to Mr. Perfectionist and he has deemed it necessary to give the other rooms a third (yes, a third) coat in order for them to pass his extremely critical inspection. After a week of priming, painting, scrubbing and hauling I am ready to sit on the porch and let Mildred pamper me for just a little while. 


I have not been very diligent about taking before & after pictures but here is an action shot of Mr. Perfection, himself. "Slow, easy strokes, Dahnya. You're getting paint all over the floor!" 





Only 18 more days until move in day! 



5 comments:

Becca said...

I can't wait to see the house!!!

Heidi said...

The house is adorable! I can't wait to see it all painted and furnished!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leila! said...

Hahaha... nice job personifying the house Dahnya. Very cute.

You are literally pouring sweat & tears into this house. :)

Leila! said...

Hahaha... nice job personifying the house Dahnya. Very cute.

You are literally pouring sweat & tears into this house. :)