Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jolly jingles

It seems that each Christmas season the carols are starting to grate a little more. Walking into stores and hearing the same song or even worse, listening to the awful remakes for a month straight brings out the Scrooge in me. However, I find that there is a handful of songs that no matter how many times they come on the radio I will crank up the volume and sing along at the top of my lungs. 

In no particular order (with the exception of number 1) I present my favorite jingles:

1. Last Christmas, Wham! (loving the mullets)
3. Jingle bell rock, Bobby Helms
5. All I want for Christmas, Mariah Carey (cannot hit those high notes to save my life)
6. Christmas don't be late, Alvin & the Chipmunks (serious)
7. Do they know it's Christmas, Band Aid (the 80s and their hair!)
8. Do you hear what I hear, Vanessa Williams (so much fun to sing)
9. Sleigh ride, instrumental (so cheery!)
10. Los peces en el rio, Pandora (my Mexican staple, love). 


What are your favorites? My list could use a little spice.


2 comments:

Matt Giampietro said...

I'll be home for Christmas, Buble
12 days of christmas, Straight no chaser
Dominik the Donkey, Lou Monte
Carol of the Bells, TranSiberian Orchestra

Danielle said...

Ever since I was a kid I have loved I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas! I have to play it and sing along every year!!