Sunday, February 20, 2011

My little ducklings!

Saturday I had a chance to waddle throughout the museum district with my top 9 writers (there's a few more but they were unable to attend). Exploring some of my favorite haunts with a giggling group of 10 year olds made for a fun (if rather exhausting) day. 


 
First stop: the CAMH where we had to dodge the rather racy basement show! Special shout out to Docent Francis Giampietro for being awesome.

 
Second stop: the Menil Collection & park. They got a huge kick out of swinging on the "engagement" swing Ms. Garcia (Giampietro is too hard for them) swung on after the proposal. I love how romantic (and nosy) they are. You can see why we get along so well, right?

 
Third (and final) stop of our tour: good ol' UST. I truly hope that seven years from now they'll be walking on a college campus somewhere!

And, if I haven't said it enough, my husband has the biggest heart (and patience) on this planet. The day would not have been feasible without his help.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like an amazing day! I bet it was so much fun to show them around your old stompin' grounds!