Thursday, February 23, 2012

tagged.

Thanks to Murr, the hip mama to the cutest little girl over at our little clann (and my favorite ig'er) I am happily taking part in the few things about me Q&A. Here are the rules:




THE RULES
1. Post these rules 
2. Post 11 random things about yourself 
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you 
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag 
5. Go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged!

Random things about me (some of which you may already know):

1. I was the first Mexican born in Saudi Arabia.
2. I love to read cheesy romance novels.
3. I am a total lightweight. One glass of wine & I'm a whole new me! 
4. I went to 9 different schools throughout my childhood.
5. I am terrible at small talk & tend to fill the silence with inane chatter.
6. I'm the ultimate homebody, I'd rather stay in & do something in my house than out of it.
7. Since marrying my husband, I have realized I am not a good listener. I'm trying to work on it.
8. I was a late bloomer in house-hold chores: Fran taught me to do laundry at age 21 & Heidi, one of my favorite peeps, taught me how to load a dishwasher/make coffee when I was 24. 
9. Sometimes I lie & say I took the dog out for a good walk but, instead, I drugged him with Benadryl. Yes, I am lazy.
10. I'm a great planner/dreamer. Terrible executioner. 
11. I highly dislike driving but always feel bad making others drive all the time. 

11 Questions Murr Asked Me:

1. If you could cut one thing out of your daily routine, what would it be? 
If I could keep my job but go in at 9am instead of 7am, therefore not have to wake up at 5am, I would be much happier!

2. What's the best thing you ever ate?
Ah! This is really hard. My mom's green enchiladas. My in-laws lasagna. The cheese bread from our wedding reception- the caterer was so sweet, she wrapped us an entire loaf to take home & it was devoured instantly.

3. How did you meet your spouse?
Fran & I both lived at the dorms in our university. He worked at the front desk and I would make deliberate efforts to walk by looking extra fly during his shifts (you could usually hear his metal music blasting throughout the lobby). For me, it was love at first sight. Fran doesn't believe me but the moment I spotted him, I said, "that's the one". You can verify this story with my sister, she was there when cupid struck.

4. If you were trapped alone on a remote island for 30 days, what three things would you bring?
If this island miraculously had wi-fi & a place to charge my kindle, that would be item one. In which case, it would be a trunkload of romance novels, soap & a cozy hammock. 

5. What's one trend you would love to stop seeing?
Ear gauges. It creeps me out being able to see sunlight through people's ears.

6. What's the story behind your name?
When my parents were living in Saudi Arabia, they had neighbors who they grew close with whose daughter was named Dahnya. They fell in love with the name after they found out it meant close to the heart. Thus my hard-to-spell-pronounce-unusual name. 

7. Most listened to song at the moment?
I cannot get enough of Lana Del Rey's Born to Die! Fran put it on a mixed cd for me a while back & every time I get in the car, I play it at least once. The line, "let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain" has me wanting to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's & The Notebook, two movies I really like. 

8. If you could collect anything, or start a new collection, what would you collect?
Other than books (and clothes), hotel keys. Once when I was in high school & I was watching MTV Diary: Blink 182 (don't laugh), the bassist showed the boxes he had crammed with hotel keys-cards from all the different hotels they had stayed at during their tours. I figure if I can create a collection, it must mean I am traveling. A lot! A girl can dream.

9. How do you like your coffee?
Extra, extra sweet. More creamer than coffee, please. 

10. What's your biggest pet-peeve?
Heavy breathers. Dirty finger nails. Chewing your gum (or food) like a cow. Rudeness. Burping. Too many, huh?

11. What is one bit of marriage &/or parenting advice you would give to other women?
Make time for one another, no matter how busy you two are. 

Tag! You're it:

1. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year for free where would it be and why?
2. If you had to be on a reality TV show which one would it be?
3. What's the story behind your name?
4. What was the first concert you went to?
5. Who inspires you most right now?
6. What was your first job?
7. What famous person do people say you look like?
8. When you were first asked what you wanted to be when you grew up what did you say?
9. What magazines do you subscribe to?
10.What was your favorite color as a kid. How about now?
11. What's your favorite way to celebrate something?

Have fun! 


PS: this survey was created with a side of...
Think what you want, it's cheap & tasty. 


2 comments:

Murr said...

Yay! Im so happy you joined in on the fun!! Thats pretty intense that you went to SO many schools growing up. & I seriously awed over how you & Fran met - i don't hear enough "love at first sight" stories. yours is perfect & sweet! OH! And the collection idea? brilliant!

Delena said...

I did it! Look at my blog! I knew we would be friends because we both have unique awesome names that begin with a D and we both have good stories about it!