Monday, October 4, 2010

Clink!

While walking the crowded (and surprisingly dingy) aisles of HEB yesterday I stumbled across the word "moscato". The word sparked a slight connection to the wine I sampled at the wine fest a few days ago. I was so excited about recognizing the word that I picked up two bottles on pure faith- for seven bucks a pop, I figured it was a somewhat cheap gamble. 


Last night, as I was cooking dinner (yep, lasagna again), I unscrewed the bottle to pour myself a glass as I worked around the kitchen. As I brought the glass to my lips, I nervously took my first sip. When the first of the cool liquid slid down my throat and the sweetness lingered, I did a my little jig of joy. The wine fest mystery wine was found! 


It made for a perfect pairing with my lasagna repeat!

It's truly irresistible, as you can tell from the slightly depleted bottle...

I'm relieved my gamble paid off, I don't quite know what the second bottle would have been used for had it been swill. Either way, Heart & Soul will have a place of honor within Mildred's fridge from now on. Feel free to stop by for a taste! 

3 comments:

Emily said...

great wine choice! moscato is my favorite!

Becca said...

Yum, yum, yum!

Your next adventure? Gewurztraminer (GUH-VER-STRUH-MEENER)

Another sweet wine similar to the Moscato. Is so good!

Heidi said...

yum, save me a sip! I'm always on the lookout for a yummy sweet wine.