Sunday, June 19, 2011

8 weekends of summer, take 3

This past week has consisted of me eating, breathing, living, sleeping KIPP. Why? To prepare for the 2 week summer session that begins tomorrow. It's been a whirlwind! Trainings, orientations, meetings, new people, new rules. My brain is overflowing. But. I think I'm ready.

You may want to hold on to your hats with all the excitement you're about to be subjected to! I mean it. You ready?


Please take a look at the transformation, it's like HGTV for teachers!

Earlier this week.

Later in the week.

Then finally, Saturday afternoon.

A big shout out goes to my hubs, if it weren't for his brawn and carpentry skills: this entire process would have taken even longer. So, thank you Fran! You are the best. For realz.

Now, enough procrastinating, I am supposed to be finishing my lesson plans for the week. My first day as a 2nd grade teacher is tomorrow. Yikes!

PS: No, the room is as of yet incomplete. Why? I'm moving to another room after July 1st. Any helpers care to volunteer? Please?!

2 comments:

Dr. Kim Pursch and Dr. Brooks Straub said...

Your room looks great!!! Good luck this week! Those are the luckiest 2nd graders in the city!

Emily said...

What a transformation! Good luck!