Monday, September 5, 2011

august faves

Essie nail polish is taking over my life! It all began at my favorite mani/pedi place years ago when I realized that whenever I chose Essie colors, my nails tended to chip less. Then one day, while checking out at JCrew, I spotted it at the counter. Of course, I had to pick up a bottle. Only to find out that Target is now carrying Essie! I just discovered this development and now every Target trip, I make a little detour to the girlie section...shhh...don't tell Fran.


Pretty Little Liars is a series for young adults. I got hooked over the summer while thumbing through Chiara's bookshelf. It's a long, overdrawn soap opera that I cannot put down! The most ridiculous plots have taken place and I am still addicted. Judge all you want but until the series ends, I am sticking through to see what kind of crazy finale this author is going to provide. The thought of picking up the television series has crossed my mind, too...


In an attempt to check out the new Whole Foods by Mildred, I stopped by earlier this month only to find the best addition to my kitchen, ever. I've used it to make hamburgers, tostadas, glaze chicken...each time only deliciousness occurs. It's $4.99 a bottle and probably the one & only item I buy (since WF is so ridiculously overpriced) but well worth my 5 minute detour.


On the subject of food, I lead you to my next obsession: El Bolillo tortillas. Good God. They are a gift from the Mexican gods. Piping hot, straight out of the tortilla churner, these are the best for breakfast tacos, tacos, quesadillas, snacks. Not even joking, I can eat them straight out of the bag. Obviously a total downer to my bday dress goal but so freaking good! The good/bad thing about them? No preservatives means they last 3 days max before becoming a science experiment. But at $2.50 a dozen, it's well worth the attempt to down them all before time's up.


Finally, meet my morning companion. Cinnamon Burst Cheerios, the less fatty alternative to Cinnamon Toast Crunch (aka Dahnya's favorite cereal). With the addition of banana slices & Spongebob prizes, it's a great start to my morning. 


We are five days into September & 3 of those days have been breezy, cool & sunny. I truly hope that this is a sign of wonderful things to come!



7 comments:

Delena said...

I love Essie too! I have three colors so far, I am wearing the chinchillie (which is a grey color) I love it! Yeah since I am trying to save money being funemployed I have been giving myself manis/pedis, yup saves me money and I am perfecting my polishing technique. FYI use the OPI Base Coat Polish and OPI Top Coat Polish and they chip even less! HEB has OPI cheaper then Ulta.

Heidi said...

I've never tried Essie, but those colors are so beautiful - I'll have to test 'em out!

yum on the cereal and tortillas! great finds!

Becca said...

Today felt like the beginning of fall. I hope it sticks!

Dr. Kim Pursch and Dr. Brooks Straub said...

I happened to read this right before heading out to the store....while I was there I scored a box of Cinnamon Cheerios.I can't wait to try them!

Emily said...

Must. Try. Those cheerios! Cinnamon toast crunch is my favorite too! :)

Nicole said...

Essie is amazing!! I love seeing your photos, Dahnya!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.