Sunday, January 29, 2012

dining & wining

I am a sucker for pretty (or interesting) packaging. Especially when it comes to things I am extremely ignorant about such as, wine. I know nothing about the tanins (talons? talins? too lazy to wikipedia this term). Give me a pretty bottle and I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if it's light and fruity, hence my love for moscato. 


However, lately, I've been venturing out a bit:
Beautiful teal riesling by the Hollywood Sofia Coppola (tart) but would make a great addition to any open house basket

fun font chardonnay 

cute, funky elephants (red wine, not my favorite)

cake! with a neat picture

I'm going to continue my hunt. If you find any other ones, send those recommendations my way! 

Otherwise, my healthy dining this week took a bit of a downturn over the weekend thanks to the Houston Streats truck & their pulled pork mac & cheese sandwich:
d-aaaa-mn that was g-ooo-d. 

in addition to their parmesan truffle fries...I was not very good about sticking to "healthy" options that night.

In an effort to soothe my fatty (and alcoholic) binge, I have been snacking on pineapples. 
(with a dash of mexican tajin to spice things up!)

Luckily my "fry"-day night was not a complete destructive avalanche: I've lost five pounds. Hopefully an extra dose of zumba-ing & walking with Doakes will up the weight loss ante this week because weigh in is Friday! 

2 comments:

Emily said...

love me the sofia coppola wines. the pink sparkling wine is fun for a special occasion!

lately, i've been picking up the junebug moscato at target. it's a good bargain, tastes yummy, AND has a pretty label! :)

Delena said...

I don't have any clues about wine and I have been on many winery tours and still don't know. Does it taste good and make me boozy, I LOVE IT. Luckily I have a friend who I can contact and ask him what pairs well with what, you need to befriend someone like that!