Saturday, April 3, 2010

Everest: conquered.

The other night I opened my closet to contemplate what outfit I would wear to work the next day. Rifling through my pants, I came across the Everest jeans. I paused & looked down at my boxers.

Before I could think twice about it, I shimmied out of my shorts and yanked the jeans from their hanger. Right before I stepped into them, I took a deep breath and hoped for the best. 

Slowly, I pulled them on and worked them up with relative ease. Right as I reached the rear/hip area, I held my breath, expecting friction. But, the pants kept on rising and before I knew it I was zipping and buttoning them in place. It was midnight in the Garcia household. The time did not stop me from shouting in glee and thundering down the stairs to show off my Everest jeans to my mom. 

And, thanks to Claudia's photography skills, here you can see me (sans head) jumping with joy after climbing my Everest.


1 comment:

Leila! said...

Dahnya!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
This is such an inspiring entry!
You must feel awesome. Great. On top of the world.
So happy for you! And so proud!